Public Relations Associate
Have an interest in the world of food, from top chefs and brands to cooking and the business of restaurants? Do you enjoy F&B events, social media and reading about food? Well, this could be your “first course!”
Are you also passionate about communications? Do you want to bring tangible contributions to an established brand and make your mark on the food scene?
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is looking for a full-time Public Relations Associate to join a high-performance, collaborative marketing team. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with a strong work ethic and attention to detail. They’ll enjoy working in the fast-paced world of media and thrive on building and nurturing relationships and the satisfaction that comes with a reflection on their tangible results.
The ideal candidate is eager and ready to learn about communications, public relations, social media, events and influencers from one of the most unique marketing teams in food. They must be relationship-driven, understand the importance of networking and building a good name for themselves and the brand they represent. They’ll execute the tactics of a unique earned media platform and host/attend events representing the nation’s leading independent culinary school as they embark on helping thousands find their culinary voices each year.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work on the tactical execution of the public relations plan
- Host and attend tapings, as well as media and influencer events
- Media relations research and outreach, including drafting media lists, pitches, etc.
- Leverage existing contacts and cultivate new ones to forge strong relationships with media, thought leaders, editors and writers
- Assist in qualifying inbound media inquiries and interview requests
- Stay on top of news/trends/issues relevant to ICE and the food industry
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Up to 3 years of public relations, media relations or communications experience (food or hospitality industry experience a strong plus)
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience and job knowledge
- Demonstrated interest in food and a track record of initiative
- Some media relations experience, including working with and/or pitching to reporters; celebrities, athletes and influencers a strong plus
- Excellent verbal, written and editorial communication skills
- Attention to detail, with the ability to manage multiple projects in varying stages of development simultaneously
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms
ICE is offering:
- A competitive compensation package
- Attractive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k participation available
- Free recreational cooking, baking and beverage education classes
- Opportunity to take the career training programs at ICE
To apply, please email: PR@ice.edu the following items with the subject: Public Relations Associate.
- Cover letter with salary requirements. Your cover letter should clearly tell us about you, your experience and your interest in food (beyond a statement, “I want to marry my passion for food with my marketing and public relations interest.”)
- Resume showcasing your professional skill set, food or hospitality experience and results. What are you good at and what interests you?
- Links to your successes. Clearly show us how your accomplishments and the relationships in your life that got you to where you are today.
- Please do not apply through the job boards, you must apply directly.
- Only applicants that meet the position’s requirements and provide the above 3 items will be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
- We appreciate the interest, but phone or walk-in applications will not be accepted.
- Thank you, but no agency or recruiter solicitations please.
The Public Relations Associate will work with a management team and staff in an environment that supports and rewards creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun in the process!
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hospitality & Hotel Management, plus continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and The Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers professional development, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting-edge campus in New York City and its new 38,000-square-foot Los Angeles campus were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary or join us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.