Pastry & Baking Arts Chef Instructor
ICE is seeking Pastry & Baking chef instructors to lead hands-on pastry and baking classes with our curriculum in an inspirational environment.
- Motivate and guide aspiring culinary professionals to find their culinary voices.
- Conduct in-classroom demonstrations as required by the curriculum.
- Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
- Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures.
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
- Maintain a positive and focused learning environment.
- Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Culinary or Pastry & Baking diploma and/or some form of formal culinary or pastry and baking education.
- Must possess a solid foundation of culinary and/or pastry and baking knowledge, with a strong desire for continued learning.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of pastry and baking experience with some supervisory responsibilities. Fine dining experience a plus.
- Teaching experience preferred, not mandatory.
- Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products, including Outlook.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and The Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers professional development for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting-edge campus in New York City and 38,000-square-foot Los Angeles campus were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at youtube.com/iceculinary, or join the conversation on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.