Talia Berman has a decade of management experience from prominent New York City restaurants with Union Square Hospitality Group and Patina Restaurant Group, among others. She was the floor manager at the landmark Union Square Cafe and the dining room manager and private dining director at Lincoln Ristorante.
Most recently, Talia opened Kenton's, a 125-seat restaurant in New Orleans, where she directed operations from 2015 to 2018, while managing Maysville in New York, a similar concept with the same chef, where she was the general manager. Talia has extensive experience with service and staff, financial monitoring and efficiency, guest and community relationships, human resources, mentorship and menu management. She has the unique experience of supervising renovation projects and maintaining licenses and certifications in two major cities.
Talia also managed private events and daily restaurant operations as general manager of Tia Pol in New York and has supervised meal deliveries and recruited volunteers for a shelter and the hospice wing at a hospital. She was a web editor at Citymeals-on-Wheels in New York and the program manager of PAX/Real Solutions to Gun Violence in 2009. Today, Talia is a consultant at Heyer Performance, a food and beverage strategy and consulting firm.
- M.S. in Journalism, Columbia University, 2008
- B.A. in Medical History, McGill University, 2004
- Consultant, Heyer Performance, 2018 to present
- General Manager, Maysville, New York, 2015 to 2019
- Director of Operations, Kenton's, New Orleans, 2015-2017
- General Manager, Tia Pol, New York, 2012-2013
- Dining Room Manager and Private Dining Director, Lincoln Ristorante, New York, 2011-2012
- Dining Room Manager, Union Square Cafe, New York, 2010-2011