"People get intimidated when it comes to alcohol and bartending, but there’s so much fun you can have if you look at it like it’s cooking."
In the last 12 years, Eamon Rockey has grown to be recognized as one of New York’s leading, modern experts on beverage and hospitality service management. He has experience in bartending, wine and management at four Michelin-starred New York City restaurants, including collaborating on designs and openings, managing day-to-day operations, leading staff educations and trainings, and overseeing accounting, human resources, maintenance and more aspects of the business. He was the general manager at Betony, which Esquire named Restaurant of the Year in 2013 and The New York Times gave three stars in a review.
Eamon graduated from the Culinary Institute of America with a bachelor’s of professional studies in culinary management in 2006. He’s studied advanced wine, viticulture and vinification, and has served as the New York Spirits Chair for Share Our Strength since 2014.
He was raised by two chefs, became an apprentice to a sushi chef at age 14 and began cooking at a country club at age 15. After culinary school, he held externships at La Casa Del Zorro in Borrego Springs, California, and Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles.
- Rockey’s Milk Punch, founder and owner, 2018 to present
- VinePair, contributing author and consultant, 2016 to present
- Café Pushkin, COO, 2015-2017
- Betony, general manager, 2013-2017
- Aska partner, general manager and wine director, 2012-2013
- Atera, general manager and wine director, 2011-2012
- Eleven Madison Park, captain and bartender, 2007-2010
- The Society of Fellows, CIA
- NY Spirits Chair, Share Our Strength
Recognition and Awards
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Betony
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Aska
- Wine Spectator Award of Excellence, Atera
- Wine Spectator Grand Award, Eleven Madison Park