Chef Anthony Smith was a pastry chef at The Cosmopolitan Club for 24 years. He is an adjunct professor in the hospitality department at his alma matter, New York City College of Technology (NYCCT), where he teaches introduction to pastry and baking.
Since 1990, Chef Anthony has worked at various hotels and restaurants throughout New York, gaining a deep understanding for the industry. He was recognized as the U.S. Pastry Chef of the Year at the 23rd annual U.S. Pastry Competition held at the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show in 2012.
Chef Anthony began teaching Pastry & Baking Arts at the Institute of Culinary Education in 2021.
- B.A. Hospitality Management, New York City College of Technology, 1996
- Hotel de France, 1994
- Pastry Chef, The Cosmopolitan Club, 1994-Present
- Adjunct Professor Hospitality Department, New York City College of Technology, 2005-Present
- Executive Pastry Chef, Ida Mae Kitchen-N-Lounge, 2003-2006
- Pastry Cook, Marriot Marquis, 1997-200
- Pastry Chef, Sky Club, 1996
- Externship, Hotel de France, 1994
Awards and Honors
- U.S. Pastry Chef of the Year, 23rd Annual U.S. Pastry Competition at the International Restaurant & Foodservice Show, 2012
- Bronze medal, National Pastry Championships, 2009
- Five silver and six gold medals, The Art Salon of the Societe Culinaire Philanthropique, 1993-2003
- The Vatel Club Gold Medal for Excellence in culinary and pastry arts, 1996
- Dames d'Escoffier Scholarship, 1994
- Chef De Cuisine Association Pastry Award, 1994
Specialities/Areas of Interest
- Pulled sugar
- Show pieces
- Pastry & casting