Chef Alon earned a dual diploma in pastry arts and management at the Institute of Culinary Education while launching his career at Brasserie Cognac in New York. After five years, he became the senior sous pastry chef at Andrew Carmellini's Lafayette under Executive Pastry Chef Jennifer Yee, and in 2016 he moved on to leading pastry at Lure Fishbar under Chef-Partner Josh Capon.
Chef Alon hosted pastry students for field trips and externships while at Lure and taught pastry classes at Kerekes BakeDeco. In 2021, he returned to ICE to teach while starting a family. You can follow Chef Alon's pastry work on Instagram @alonmcpastry.
- Pastry & Baking Arts, Institute of Culinary Education, 2008
- Restaurant & Culinary Management, Institute of Culinary Education, 2013
- Executive Pastry Chef, Lure Fishbar and Mercer Street Hospitality Group, New York, 2016-2020
- Senior Sous Pastry Chef, Lafayette Grand Café and Bakery, 2013-2016
- Sous Pastry Chef, Brasserie Cognac, 2008-2013
- Bakery/Café Manager, Brasserie Cognac, 2008-2010