ICE alum Abbie Gellman worked in equity research following the restaurant industry at Goldman Sachs and hospitality/food and beverage consulting at PwC prior to earning her master's degree in nutrition and becoming a registered dietitian.
Today, she combines her formal nutrition and culinary education to teach other nutrition professionals about food through webinars, workshops and speaking engagements. She contributes recipes to health magazines, hosts cooking videos on YouTube and Facebook Live, and recently released "The Mediterranean DASH Diet Cookbook: Lower Your Blood Pressure and Improve Your Health.” She also creates recipes and cooking and nutrition videos for food brands and commodity boards, including the Watermelon Board, the National Cattlemen's Beef Association, The Quaker Oats Company and California Cling Peaches.
Abbie is a member of the Jenny Craig Science Advisory Board, has a database of hundreds of original recipes and has “spent 20 years cooking and determining the shortest, easiest way to make something healthy and taste good.” She joined ICE in 2020 to contribute nutrition-related content.
- Registered Dietitian, Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics, 2013
- Master's of Nutrition Education, Teachers College Columbia University, 2012
- Culinary Arts, Institute of Culinary Education, 2001
- Bachelor's of Hotel Administration, Cornell University, 1996
- Chef Abbie Gellman/Culinary Nutrition Cuisine, 2014 to present
- Scientific Advisor, Jenny Craig, 2018 to present
- Dietetic Intern, NewYork–Presbyterian Hospital, 2012-2013