Housing Options for Immersion in NYC
Welcome home! Homestays offer clean, fully furnished, private rooms in the home of a welcoming family.
The families who participate not only provide lodging, but understand the experience of being away from home in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
Host families are ready to offer their insider tips and make your stay a truly enjoyable, cultured and enriching experience.
The furnished homestay option is for students who want to be immersed in the culture of New York City by staying with some of its many residents. In most instances, you'll be part of the family, living with people who are interested in your well-being. This is an ideal option for those who are on a budget or looking for a family-style stay. This is not always the best option for those who are more independent or free-spirited. In the application form, students are invited to state their preferred location, family dynamic (with or without children), dietary restrictions, allergies, etc., so that we can match interests. We cannot guarantee that all guidelines will be met, but homestay participants can move in the unlikely event that the host family is not a good fit.
Through the homestay program, lifelong friendships can be created. If you’re new to NYC and want trustworthy guidance in your experience, this could be the right option for you!
- A private bedroom, complete with a bed, bedding, sheets and pillows.
- Closet space, a desk and chair.
- Fresh towels, blankets and linens upon arrival.
- Access to a bathroom (including shower, sink and toilet) within the home. This bathroom may be shared with the host, but your privacy should be respected.
- Access to the kitchen facilities for light cooking as well as designated space in the refrigerator.
- Breakfast served or made available at a time that is mutually convenient (such as coffee, tea or milk, bread or toast, jam and butter).
- High-speed internet access (upon request).
- Heat and electricity included.
For more information about the ICE Student Housing program, including our homestay options, please contact (888) 986-CHEF or NYhousing@ice.edu.