DATA Analyst/Report Writer
Director of IT
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
ICE is seeking an experienced Data Analyst/Report Writer who will be responsible for developing and publishing new and existing reports as needed for ICE’s executive committee, the Marketing team and all business units while being a champion of process and data integrity.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Develop and support ICE’s reporting needs utilizing tools such as SQL Server Reporting, Crystal Reports, Excel and other reporting tools.
- Assist users in translating concepts and needs, such as reporting or processes, to written requirements, facilitate change, processes, reports, etc.
- Analyze data and processes to determine changes to existing reports or new reporting needs that will support business objectives and provide insight to the effectiveness of business initiatives.
- Acts as data integrity champion, ensuring that all business units enter, validate, use and define data consistently and to the common ICE definitions
- Analyze and model the business operation to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by current applications, processes and data flow.
- Working with Senior Management, identify and define business problems and primary objectives.
- Lead business process re-engineering and continual data improvement efforts.
- Evaluate potential application and process change initiatives within the system architecture to ensure they meet business and data requirements.
- Adapt and keep current existing reports as business operations and reporting needs change
- Understand our reporting standards and specifications
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience required.
- Five years of experience in a similar role analyzing and supporting business software needs, experience in Higher Education operations is preferred.
- Strong experience with the SQL language and reporting tools such as SSRS, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Strong experience with wide and complex databases
- Experience with MS Excel, pivot tables and charts, and all MS Office tools.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Experienced presenting and interacting with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Microsoft development platforms and protocols is a plus
- Experience with marketing data, digital marketing, leads and conversions, and tools such as Google Analytics are a strong plus.
To apply: Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com , in the subject line please include “Data Analyst/Report Writer.”
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and the Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary or join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.