Career Services Advisor
The Career Services Advisor manages the career services advisement for assigned Professional Culinary Arts, Pastry and Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management students for the Institute of Culinary Education.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Manage the Career Services advisement for assigned Career Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management students.
- Provide coaching and advisement for the career students of ICE, assisting in their obtaining externships and permanent placement upon graduation.
- Communicate with employer contacts regarding staffing/externship needs and conduct site visits to current and future externship locations.
- Manage and maintain the electronic and hard files for placement information per ACCSC accreditation standards.
- Update alumni employment and contact information.
- Liaise regularly with Student Affairs Office and Registrar keeping abreast of assigned student population activity and performance.
- Provide general career advisement for past program graduates, as well as prospective students.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Fall and Winter Career Fairs.
- Assist in the planning and execution of the Career Development Seminars & Alumni Programming.
- Represent the school at major food events, conferences and receptions, etc.
- Contribute to the generation of copy for the Career Services weekly e-newsletter.
- Generate all Career Services materials used in class orientations, visits, etc.
- Development/identification of Career Services materials for the library, website and other uses.
- Perform general administrative support, as needed, for the Career Services Department.
- Review resumes, cover letters and provide interviewing preparation guidance.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred major in Social Services or Career Services.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in the Food Service/Hospitality industry.
- Proficient in the Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; experience with CampusVue software a plus.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Must have the ability to work some evenings and weekends.
- A familiarity with and appreciation for the Institute of Culinary Education and its programs.
- Ability to act within ICE’s Core Behaviors of Professionalism and Accountability, communicate effectively, have a positive mindset and develop self and others.
Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and the Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary or join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.