Cyril Kabaoglu trained through apprenticeships at three restaurants in Normandy, France, including Michelin-starred CAP-BEP at Hotel de France. He began his career as a chef de partie in the French West Indies, a sous chef at Hotel Latitudes in Val d'Isere, France, and a chef de partie at Hotel Raphael in Paris.
Chef Cyril began working with California cuisine as a sous chef at Four Oaks Restaurant in Bel Air, followed by Bastide in West Hollywood and Manhattan Country Club, where he worked alongide Dominique Crenn. Most recently, he's done private chef work between chef positions at the Langham Huntington Hotel and FIG in Santa Monica.
Chef Cyril came to the Institute of Culinary Education in 2019 to teach Culinary Arts.
- Culinary Director, RootDown LA, 2016-2019
- Private Chef, 2016 to present
- Chef de Cuisine, FIG Restaurant, 2015-2016
- Chef de Cuisine, Langham Huntington Hotel, 2014-2015
- Private Chef, 2009-2014
- Executive Chef, Inn of the Seventh Ray, 2008-2009
- Executive Chef, Abode Restaurant, 2007-2008
- Chef de Cuisine, Manhattan Country Club, 2005-2007
- Sous Chef, Bastide Restaurant, 2004-2005
- Sous Chef, Four Oaks Restaurant, 2002-2004
- Chef de Partie, Hotel Raphael, 2001-2002
- Sous Chef, Hotel Latitudes, 2001
- Chef de Partie, Dupont Restaurant, 1999-2000
Awards and Honors
- Rising Chef, French Culinary Club of Los Angeles, 2005
- Best Raw Vegan Menu of the USA, Sophie Gayot, 2008