Chef Andrew Lakin has 15 years of experience in the Southern California restaurant industry. He was the chef de cuisine at the W Hotel in Los Angeles, Gjelina in Venice and Mesa Restaurant in Costa Mesa before becoming the executive sous chef at the Standard Hotel in LA. He moved on to Post & Beam, followed by Pitfire Artisan Pizza, Manuela and Mixed Company. Chef Andrew was most recently the sous chef at MTN.
He joined the Institute of Culinary Education's Los Angeles campus in 2019 to teach Culinary Arts.
- Associate of Applied Science, The School of Culinary Arts, Kendall College in Chicago, 2002
- Bachelor of History, University of Iowa in Iowa City, 1999
- Sous chef, MTN, Los Angeles, 2017-2018
- Executive chef, Mixed Company, Los Angeles, 2016-2017
- Executive chef and pitmaster, Manuela, Los Angeles, 2015-2016
- Corporate executive chef, Pitfire Artisan Pizza, Los Angeles, 2013-2015
- Sous chef, Post & Beam, Los Angeles, 2011-2012
- Executive sous chef, Standard Hotel, Los Angeles, 2010-2011
- Chef de cuisine, Mesa Restaurant, Costa Mesa, 2010
- Chef de cuisine, Gjelina, Venice, 2007-2009
- Chef de cuisine, W Hotel, Los Angeles, 2004-2006