Chef Alyson Cook has 20 years of experience instructing culinary and pastry students. She earned her culinary diploma in London, where she cooked for Queen Elizabeth and was a private chef, and catered for celebrity clientele in Los Angeles from 1990 to 2013.
In 2008, Chef Alyson co-founded Green Apple Gourmet, providing healthy school lunches to private schools in Pasadena and LA, and in 2016, she opened Altadena Pie Lady, a neighborhood bakery that ships nationally.
Chef Alyson has been a private chef in Switzerland, France and Spain, and for actors Carole Burnett and James Garner in California. She's done extensive continuing education in psychology, teaching and nutrition, and is a member of the American Culinary Federation and Women Chefs & Restaurateurs organization.
Chef Alyson began instructing at the Institute of Culinary Education's Los Angeles campus in 2019.
- Diploma, Cordon Bleu School of Cookery, London
- Associate of Occupational Studies, Hotel & Caterin, City and Guilds, London
- Culinary and Pastry Chef Instructor, Art Institute of California at Inland Empire, 2011 to present
- Executive Chef and Owner, Altadena Pie Lady, California, 2016 to present
- Culinary and Pastry Chef Instructor, Cypress College, 2012-2016
- Culinary and Pastry Chef Instructor, Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts Los Angeles, 2000-2010
- Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Green Apple Gourmet, Pasadena, 2008-2013
- Executive Chef and Owner, Alyson Cook Gourmet Foods, Los Angeles, 1990-2013
- Executive Chef and Co-Owner, Sheila Mack Gourmet Cooking, Los Angeles