Housing Options for Total Immersion in Los Angeles
Welcome home (literally)! ICE’s furnished homestays offer clean, fully-furnished, private rooms in the home of a welcoming family.
The families who participate not only provide lodging, but understand the experience of being away from home in one of the most exciting cities in the world.
These families are ready to offer their insider tips and to make your stay a truly enjoyable, cultured and enriching experience.
The furnished homestay option is for students who want to be immersed in the culture of Los Angeles by staying with one of its many residents. In most instances, you'll be part of the family, living with people who are interested in your well-being. This is an ideal option for those who are on a budget or looking for a family-style stay. This is not always the best option for those who are more independent or free-spirited. In the application form, students are invited to state their preferences as to the neighborhood, kind of family (with or without children), dietary restrictions, allergies, etc. so that we can match interests. However, we cannot guarantee that all guidelines will be met.
Through the homestay program, lifelong friendships can be created. If you’re new to Los Angeles and want a guiding hand in your experience, this could be the right option for you!
Furnishings & full amenities include:
- A private bedroom which includes a bed with bedding, including sheets and pillows
- Closet space, a desk and chair
- Fresh towels, blankets and linens on arrival
- Access to a bathroom (including shower, sink and toilet) within the home. This bathroom may be shared with the host but your privacy should be respected.
- Access to the kitchen facilities for light cooking as well as a specifically assigned space in the refrigerator
- Breakfast served or made available at a time that is mutually convenient (coffee, tea or milk, bread or toast, jam, butter)
- High-speed Internet access (on request)
- Heat and electricity included
For more information about the ICE Student Housing program, including our homestay options, please contact (888) 709-CHEF or LAhousing@ice.edu.