Lead Chef, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
ICE is seeking an adjunct nutrition instructor for its Los Angeles campus. The Instructor will use our curriculum to lead engaging academic classes in an inspirational environment.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Motivate and guide aspiring culinary professionals to find their culinary voice.
- Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
- Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written examinations.
- Maintain a positive and focused learning environment.
- Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, food service systems management, clinical nutrition or related area
- Minimum of 3 years culinary and/or human nutrition experience, preferably including managerial experience
- Broad knowledge of food as medicine, including Ayurvedic, macrobiotic, gluten-free and dairy-free diets
- Knowledge of Eastern and Western food theories and applications highly preferred
- Previous teaching experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with others
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proficient at multi-tasking
- True and demonstrated passion for multiple dimensions of the culinary/nutrition/dietetic universe.
- Flexible schedule;
- Existing contacts in the LA culinary and health/wellness community
To apply: Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a flagship 75,000-square-foot location in Brookfield Place in Lower Manhattan. In fall 2016, The Daily Meal ranked ICE the No. 1 culinary school in the nation. In the spring of 2018, ICE debuted a campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, California. The West Coast campus is designed for inspiration, creativity and community, and offers four diploma programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, and Restaurant & Culinary Management. ICE’s diploma programs are intensive, sophisticated and can be completed in seven to 12 months.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.