Lead Chef, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
ICE is seeking an adjunct nutrition instructor for its Los Angeles campus. The Instructor will use our curriculum to lead engaging academic classes in an inspirational environment.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Motivate and guide aspiring culinary professionals to find their culinary voice.
- Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
- Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written examinations.
- Maintain a positive and focused learning environment.
- Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in dietetics, foods and nutrition, food service systems management, clinical nutrition or related area
- Minimum of 3 years culinary and/or human nutrition experience, preferably including managerial experience
- Broad knowledge of food as medicine, including Ayurvedic, macrobiotic, gluten-free and dairy-free diets
- Knowledge of Eastern and Western food theories and applications highly preferred
- Previous teaching experience strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with others
- Highly organized, detail oriented and proficient at multi-tasking
- True and demonstrated passion for multiple dimensions of the culinary/nutrition/dietetic universe.
- Flexible schedule;
- Existing contacts in the LA culinary and health/wellness community
To apply: Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and the Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary or join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.