Guest Relations Representative
The Guest Relations Representative for the Institute of Culinary Education will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to all students and guests ensuring they have an outstanding guest experience.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain the standards and practices required throughout the organization to ensure a positive and consistent guest experience that echoes the attributes of the ICE brand.
- Manage all customer aspects of the Recreational program (virtual and in-house).
- Closely and efficiently monitor and reply to email/voicemails.
- Assist customers with class registrations.
- Attend to clients and immediately address any complaints and concerns, and facilitate satisfactory resolution with Supervisor as needed.
- Process class purchases, comps, refunds and credits.
- Sell and promote ICE gift cards.
- Check in guests for recreational classes and special events.
- Act as front desk receptionist.
- Greet ICE’S incoming public, students and staff.
- Receive all calls that come into the main line and recreational line.
- Conduct daily Covid-19 health screenings for all students, staff and guests.
- Give school tours and assist Admissions department when needed.
- Sell ICE merchandise such as cookbooks, knives, aprons, etc.
- Conduct inventory on a regular basis.
- Assist in production of virtual recreational classes and special events.
- Assist with check-in of career class starts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Associates degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in a high-volume customer service environment; food service, hospitality preferred.
- A positive, upbeat attitude.
- Proven ability to manage in a high call volume environment with accuracy and efficiency.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with the Microsoft suite of products, including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule to accommodate the needs of the business and work evenings and weekends. Ability to work a combination of the below schedules:
- Sat & Sun: 8:30 a.m.-5 p.m. / Mon-Fri: 6:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m. or 9 a.m.-5 p.m. or 12 p.m.-8 p.m.
- Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong basic math skills; critical thinking and problem-solving skills required.
- A strong interest in food and cooking preferred.
Forward resume and cover letter to H R @ i c e . e d u
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hospitality & Hotel Management, in addition to professional development in Artisan Bread Baking and The Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts 400 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting-edge campus in New York City and its 38,000-square-foot Los Angeles campus were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. ICE continues to grow and evolve with the launch of its LA campus in 2018, the addition of the Natural Gourmet Center in 2019 and the agreement with the International Culinary Center in 2020. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.
CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS: PLEASE REVIEW AND CONFIRM ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS SET FORTH IN THE CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT NOTICE AVAILABLE HERE: https://www.ice.edu/applicantCCPAnotice