Facilities Assistant (Evenings and Overnight)
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking a Facilities Assistant. Shift assignments may vary due to 24/7 operational requirements. This position requires availability on evenings and weekends.
The Facilities Assistant will be responsible for performing routine tasks associated with daily cleaning, dishwashing and maintenance, including:
- Clean classrooms after each career and recreational class
- Clean walls, tiles, ceiling tiles, stainless steel and pipes in kitchens and service areas
- Clean range hoods and filters weekly
- Clean stove tops and ovens on a regular basis
- Clean refrigerators on a regular basis
- Clean cooking equipment (fryers, grills, salamanders)
- De-lime dishwashers and sinks
- Clean hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and offices
- Vacuum carpeting when necessary
- Check offices for garbage and special cleaning on regular basis
- Empty and wash trash receptacles
- Check supplies in and cleanliness of bathrooms
- Wash dishes as assigned
- Help set-up tables and chairs as required
- Change light bulbs as needed
- Clean windows, picture frames and other surface areas
- Clean kitchen shelving when necessary
- Minimum of 1-2 years of facilities maintenance experience
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Ability to stand for long periods of time, bend and lift 50 – 100 pounds
- Ability to move heavy furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment
- Working knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals
- Ability to set-up and break-down rooms for events in a timely manner
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Good communication skills required; experience with email communications required
- Proven ability to work independently and within a team
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking, the Art of Cake Decorating and Professional Beverage Studies — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
ICE is an equal opportunity employer.