Dean of Students
The Dean of Students plans and directs The Institute of Culinary Education activities related to student services and campus life. The Office of Dean of Students is responsible for serving as a point of information for students and responding to students’ needs.
- Comply with all applicable Federal, State and Local Department of Education regulations.
- Supervises various campus programs and serving as a liaison between other ICE administrators and student organizations.
- Oversee all procedures for the school including student code of conduct, remediations and suspensions.
- Effectively communicate with all constituents, families, students and staff with a keen awareness of the perception of others and the ability to adjust accordingly.
- Mange conflict efficiently with staff and students.
- Participates as a key member of the Appeals Committee.
- Assist instructors with classroom management strategies
- Design and lead professional development workshops that are relevant and improve classroom/school culture
- Counsel students with a variety of issues including but not limited to: attendance, academic or disciplinary issues
- Assist in assuring student compliance with state, federal and campus regulations and policies Develop student handbooks, manuals administrative departmental materials as needed
- Oversee Assistant Dean of Students.
- Interface with Registrars to ensure accuracy of student records
- Collaborate with administrators, deans, faculty, IT and counselors to facilitate and improve services to students.
- Attend graduation as representative of the administration
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Services or Career Services or related field required. Advanced degree a plus.
- Minimum of 7 years related work experience in a college or propriety school guidance /student services office; ACCSC accredited preferred along with leading a team of subordinates.
- Background in education/teaching a plus.
- Food service/Hospitality experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel; experience with CampusVue software a plus.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks on deadline
- Flexible schedule to work some evenings and weekends.
Forward cover letter with salary requirements and resume to email@example.com
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking and the Art of Cake Decorating — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu, watch our videos on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary or join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.