The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking a hands-on Content Director to lead the creation of assets for our blog, website, social media, email, digital ads, catalog, brochures and more. As a key member of the marketing team, you will work cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders to develop editorial and promotional content, help strategize distribution with the marketing team, social media manager and public relations team and then assess the results. Your work will attract and engage ICE’s broad audience in the food world, including students, potential students, alumni and other culinary professionals.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is passionate about the world of food: from top chefs and restaurants to the art and creativity of cooking, baking and all aspects of food culture. If you enjoy immersing yourself in all facets of the culinary world (the people, places, ingredients, food photography, and the business and history of food) this is the opportunity for you.
A proven track record of success in food writing and journalism is required. We’re looking for someone who is actively immersed in the culinary world, and has a constant eye on news and trends in the world of chefs and restaurants, as well as content marketing. The ideal candidate will be a leader who can work closely with a cross-functional team in NYC and LA to develop brand messaging for both traditional and digital/social media outlets—telling the hundreds of “stories” that ICE has to offer each year. You must be self-motivated, organized, process-driven and have a sharp attention to detail.
The Content Director is a key member of our marketing team and reports directly to our Vice President, Marketing and Communications. We support and reward creativity, performance, professional development and team involvement. We also have fun, and eat well, in the process!
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Oversee editorial direction and write content for the ICE website (ice.edu), and blog (Diced), writing from a culinary school perspective and covering special events at ICE, alumni interviews, food industry trends, external industry events, and ICE’s contribution to the food world.
- Create and manage the content calendar, brainstorming and editing stories, and ensuring consistent brand voice and quality content across all platforms.
- Create copy for blog posts, emails, social media, videos and various other print and digital assets.
- Manage and develop two direct reports – content manager and social media manager.
- Nurture a small team of freelance content creators, including faculty contributors: Assign projects, manage timelines and edit submissions.
- Collaborate with the PR team to strategize methods and tactics for amplifying ICE content and visibility.
- Help promote events organized by Career Services, Student Affairs, Restaurant & Hospitality Management and PR.
- Ensure all content adheres to brand standards, regulations and content platforms.
Experience and Educational Requirements
- 5+ years in content marketing, editorial or marketing communications for a food-centric brand or media outlet.
- 2+ years managing people.
- A deep understanding of the creative process and experience managing editorial, photography, and video projects for a variety of digital platforms.
- Demonstrated interest in, and passion for, the world of food, chefs, and restaurants.
- Fast-adopter of content management systems (CMS).
- Understanding of writing for SEO and syndication.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and social media marketing.
- Degree in a related field or equivalent experience and job knowledge.
- Graphic design skills are a plus.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org the following three items with the subject: Content Director.
- Cover letter with your salary expectations
- Portfolio that clearly demonstrates your experience, skillset and tangible results with a brand’s voice and original creative
- Please do not apply directly through job boards, mass resume submissions will not be considered.
- Please do not submit your resume if you do not live in commutable distance to the NYC area.
- Thank you, but no agency or recruiter solicitations.
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking, the Art of Cake Decorating and Professional Beverage Studies — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.
ICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer