Career Culinary Chef Instructor
The Career Culinary Chef will be responsible for leading hands on culinary classes in conformity with ICE lesson plans.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Conducts in classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum.
- Demonstrates techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
- Delivers clear, concise and organized lectures as required by the curriculum.
- Assesses student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
- Maintains a positive, focused learning environment during class.
- Assures that classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintains accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attends meetings and faculty orientation as required.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Culinary diploma and/or some form of formal Culinary Education.
- Minimum of 7 years culinary experience.
- Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
- Evening hours: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Sunday – Friday range)
- Weekend hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (both Saturday and Sunday).
- Hybrid hours: 2 evenings a week (6 p.m. to 10 p.m. ) and 1 weekend day (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. )
- Fine Dining and previous teaching experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
- Ability to act within ICE’s Core Behaviors of Professionalism, Accountability, Communicate Effectively, Mind-Set and Positive and Develops Self and Others.
Forward resume to email@example.com. No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, Hospitality Management, Bread Baking and Cake Decorating – with more than 13,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world's largest recreational cooking, baking and wine programs with more than 26,000 students annually. In 2015, marking the school's 40th anniversary, ICE moved to a new, modern 74,000-square-foot facility at Brookfield Place in downtown Manhattan, designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™