Director of Restaurant and Hospitality Management Programs
Director of Education
Provide leadership in all aspects of the Institute of Culinary Education’s two diploma programs in the Hotel / Hospitality and Restaurant/Culinary Management space. Responsibilities include: faculty recruitment, training, scheduling and supervision; curriculum development; industry relations; as well as collaboration in marketing, admissions and student placement.
Teaching & Faculty Leadership
- Hire, train, evaluate, schedule and supervise instructors
- Schedule and chair regular instructor meetings
- Teach classes on an ongoing basis
- Monitor and ensure effectiveness of instruction and curriculum
- Provide direction for utilization of technology within the program curriculum
- Ensure the maintenance of high educational standards
- Oversee field trip program
- Assist the Director of Education with program compliance for accrediting and state regulatory issues
- Liaise with Career Services Office on development of student externship and placement opportunities
- Develop and monitor annual budget
- Serve as representative of Hospitality and Restaurant Management Programs and ICE to the Hospitality and Restaurant industry at large
- Leverage industry relationships to recruit high-level experts to guest lecture and be supportive of the programs
- Recruit for, organize and liaise with Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
- Develop relationships with colleges and universities with the goal of articulation
- Develop and enhance curriculum to add value for both students, employers and the school
- Lead school’s initiative to develop the programs to be more inclusive of foodservice and chain restaurant career opportunities
- Collaborate with Admissions and Marketing plan to enhance the positioning and visibility of the two programs.
- Assist (or lead) in implementation of Management Programs in other ICE locations
- Collaborate with Admissions in developing student -recruitment materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related area; Master’s degree a strong plus.
- Minimum of five (5) years serving in a senior-level, restaurant, hospitality or food service-related, operational management position
- Prior employment in the LA area hospitality/restaurant industry a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills to support effective interaction with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public
- Computer skills sufficient to support preparation of class materials and tests, as well as enable effective communication with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public
- Ability to guide, motivate and direct individuals to achieve effective performance
- Familiarity with software used in hospitality or food service industry, i.e., OPERA or other property management systems, Aloha, Open Table or other similar systems and knowledge of MS Office Suite a plus (Excel, PowerPoint)
Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”. The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.