Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Representative for the Institute of Culinary Education will be responsible for providing day-to-day support to students and guests to ensure each receives an outstanding client/guest experience.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Act as receptionist and first line of contact; greeting incoming public in a professional and friendly manner
- Escort guests who are attending private events to appropriate classrooms or kitchens
- Address student complaints and concerns, and facilitate satisfactory resolution
- Promote new classes to callers and encourage their joining the mailing list
- Actively sell ICE gift cards and merchandise such as cookbooks, knives, aprons, etc.
- Create and maintain recipe packets for special events
- Prepare reports tracking and monitoring sales, inventory, etc., for management team
- Act as a liaison between career students and their advisors
- Provide logistical and administrative support to other departments to help facilitate events held at the facility
- Associates Degree required
- Minimum of two (2) years related experience in a high volume customer service in a food service or hospitality environment
- Proven ability to manage a high call volume with accuracy and efficiency
- Proficient in the Microsoft Suite including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Demonstrated successful performance in managing all interactions with a sense of calm, patience, engaging and outgoing demeanor
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner departments and teams
- Strong basic math skills; critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to work some evenings and most weekends
- A strong interest in food and cooking preferred
Send resume to HR@ice.edu.
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine program; offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. ICE also offers a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE “the #1 Culinary School in the Nation”. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.