The Librarian will provide assistance to ICE students in the utilization of the Institute of Culinary Education’s library.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assist ICE students in using the library including catalog and database searches
- Reshelf and maintain books and periodicals
- Catalog collection according to the Library of Congress system.
- Evaluate and administer electronic databases for each of the Programs: Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management
- Ensure all printers and copies are in working condition; notify IT when technical issues arise
- Monitor theft deterrent system; notify the proper authorities when issues arise
- Source recipes for new classes.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Library Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum of 1 years of Library or related field experience required
- Working knowledge of the Library of Congress classification system
- Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, Powerpoint, Word and Excel; experience with CampusVue software a plus
- Possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Able to work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- A strong interest in food and cooking highly preferred
Forward resume and cover letter to HR@ice.edu
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”. The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.