Business Analyst/Applications Support Administrator
Reports to: Director of IT
As a Business Analyst/ Applications Support Administrator you will understand and support ICE’s students by processing their workflow. You will work with various business units to support and enhance ICE’s data/processes to meet the operational and reporting needs. We take great pride and satisfaction helping our diverse community “Find Their Culinary Voice”.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Assist users in translating concepts, needs and processes, to written requirements. Facilitate change, processes, reports, etc.
- Resolve business needs through CampusVue Student, CampusVue Finance (Empower Financials), all other ICE applications, reporting and systems administration.
- Focusing initially on Admissions, work closely with operational groups and users to proactively maintain the CampusVue Student Information System, monitor usage/performance and identify areas for improvement.
- Act as data integrity champion, ensuring that all business units enter, validate, use and define data consistently and to the common ICE definitions
- Interact with operational departments to understand their business environment and processes.
- Recommend CampusVue configurations and propose alternative business solutions where appropriate. Work closely with operational groups, end users and IT to understand problem needs, configure and troubleshoot the CampusVue student information system.
- Understand and implement the CampusVue upgrades and releases and how they relate to ICE’s operation processes, configurations and enhancements.
- Manage CampusVue upgrades, schedule and ensure successful version deployment for test and production environments. Communicate the current status of releases, major projects, and ongoing CampusVue activities to relevant stake holders. Coordinate campus-wide testing of CampusVue upgrades and obtain appropriate signoffs prior to implementation.
- Develop and publish reports in SSRS, Crystal Reports or other SQL reporting tools.
- Manage, administer and support all other ICE applications and system interfaces
- Maintain and ensure data integrity and compliance in the Student Information System.
- Coordinate a regular training calendar to keep users well informed on the proper use of CampusVue and other systems. Perform ad hoc system training as needed.
- Resolve system support requests via a ticket tracking system.
- Evaluate test results with change requestor(s).
- Obtain appropriate sign-offs at completion of project(s).
Experience and Educational Requirements
- Strong experience with MS SQL Server and reporting tools such as SSRS, Crystal Reports, etc.
- Strong attention to detail
- Five years of experience in a similar role analyzing and supporting business software needs.
- Experience communicating with all levels of an organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience required.
- Experience Microsoft platforms and protocols
- Experience in training users, solid communication and documentation experience.
- Experience with system interfaces via an API architecture a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in CampusVue (or other Student Information System) Administration in all areas of Higher Ed operations, including CampusVue Student, CampusVue Finance, Portal, eLeads, etc. a strong plus.
ICE is offering
- A competitive compensation package
- Attractive benefits including health, dental and vision insurance
- 401k participation available • Free recreational cooking, baking and wine education classes
- Opportunity to take the career training programs at ICE
Forward resume to cover letter to HR@ice.edu
The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of the largest and most diverse culinary schools in the world with campuses in New York and Los Angeles. Established in 1975, ICE offers award-winning six to 13-month career training programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hotel & Hospitality Management and continuing education programs in Artisan Bread Baking, the Art of Cake Decorating and Professional Beverage Studies — with more than 14,000 successful alumni, many of whom are leaders in the industry. ICE also offers continuing education for culinary professionals, hosts more than 500 special events each year and is home to one of the world’s largest recreational cooking, baking and beverage programs with 26,000 students annually. ICE’s 74,000-square-foot, cutting edge campus in New York City and its new west coast campus in Los Angeles were designed for inspiration, creativity and community. Visit us at ice.edu or join us on Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and Facebook at @iceculinary to find your culinary voice™.