Recipe: Tex-Mex Martini
As we head into the weekend, it’s time to think about sitting back, relaxing and enjoying some leisure time. Nothing says Friday like a simple, stylish cocktail.
Try this one from ICE’s Texas Steakhouse class. According to ICE Recipe Editor Dan Stone, this twist on a classic comes from the popular Trudy’s restaurant in Austin. We’ve added tomolives, a little pickled green tomato introduced to us from our resident mixologist Michael Cecconi, as the garnish.
- 2 ounces tequila, such as Sauza Hornitos
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1-ounce lemon-lime soda, such as Sprite
- 1-ounce orange juice Juice from half a lime Tomolives or green olives for garnish
- Shake all ingredients in a cocktail shaker with ice.
- Strain into a martini glass rimmed with salt.
- Add tomolives, or small green olives as a garnish.