Recipe: Asparagi alla Parmigiana
Now that spring is here, it’s nice to see the farmers’ markets starting to fill with the first harbingers of warmer weather.
Ramps, morels, peas, rhubarb, and asparagus are all making their way onto our grocery lists. We found this asparagus recipe from Italy's Emilia-Romagna region in the ICECulinary Artscurriculum and thought it was the perfect, simple recipe for a side dish on any day of the week.
- 2 pounds asparagus, trimmed, peeled, and blanched
- 2 fluid ounces melted unsalted butter
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- 2 ounces grated parmesan cheese, grated
- 1-ounce breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
Makes 2 servings
- Place the asparagus into a baking dish.
- Drizzle with melted butter and olive oil.
- Mix the cheese and breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over the asparagus. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake at 400°F for 15 to 20 minutes.