For some applicants the dream of attending ICE seems impossible due to an inability to obtain financing. The ICE Cares Scholarship was created to enable these applicants to enroll in Career Culinary or Pastry Programs with a grant of $25,000. Up to 20 scholarships will be awarded each year to academically qualified applicants who have completed the financial aid process but were unable to secure sufficient funds.
1. Apply to ICE and pay the application fee.
2. Complete the ICE financial aid process including submitting a FAFSA (a copy must be submitted to the Institute of Culinary Education to demonstrate financial need) and have been disapproved by Plus, NJ Class, Sallie Mae and Tuition Flex.
3. Have a grade point average of at least 3.0 in high school or college.
4. Be planning a career in Culinary or Pastry Arts.
5. Satisfy the entrance requirements for the Institute of Culinary Education
• Applicants must be a high school graduate or have a GED
• Those with international documentation must have an official certified translation indicating that the student completed the equivalent of at least a secondary school in the U.S.A.
Scholarship applications are available from the Admissions Office and must be received by ICE by:
• September 1, 2016 for the October 2016 award
• December 2, 2016 for the January 2017 award
• March 1, 2017 for the April 2017 award
• June 1, 2017 for the July 2017 award
• September 1, 2017 for the October 2017 award
Winners will be notified within 4 weeks of the deadline for submission. The scholarship will be in the form of a tuition credit applied to either the Career Culinary or Career Pastry & Baking Arts Program. The scholarship must be redeemed within one year of being awarded and placement in class will be on a space-available basis. ICE will notify the student at least 30 days before the start date of an available class.
Please contact your Admissions Representative for additional information.