ICE provides various scholarship opportunities to assist students on their journey towards a career in food and hospitality. Whether offered by ICE itself, our food industry partners or a vetted list of outside organizations, the scholarships below provide students with additional resources to realize their dreams of attending our career training programs. Please be aware of the varying deadlines and application requirements for each individual scholarship.
• ICE Cares Scholarship Program: For some applicants the dream of attending ICE seems impossible due to an inability to obtain financing. The ICE Cares Scholarship was created to enable these applicants to enroll in Career Culinary or Pastry Programs with a grant of $25,000.
• Kevin Nurse Memorial Scholarship: This annual scholarship commemorates and honors the life of Kevin Nurse, a triumphant alumni whose boundless passion for food helped him prevail over remarkable odds and become a successful chef.
Scholarships from Industry Partners
Each year, ICE students are offered the chance to win partial-tuition scholarships through the following organizations:
• James Beard Foundation: The JBF Scholarship Program helps aspiring culinary students realize their dreams by supporting them on a path to success in the hospitality industry. Additional grants are also available to professionals already working in the industry.
• C-CAP Scholarship: To be eligible for this scholarship students must apply and be selected to compete in the C-Cap Cooking Competition for Scholarships. The Competition is a three-tier cooking competition where high school students compete for post-secondary culinary and hospitality school scholarships.
• C-CAP Diploma in Restaurant & Culinary Mangement Program Scholarship: Through the C-CAP Alumni Management Scholarship, two tuition scholarships will be awarded each year for the Diploma in Restaurant & Culinary Management program in the amount of up to $15,530.
• Les Dames D' Escoffier: A collection of regional chapters, LDEI conducts fundraising projects and awards scholarships at various levels. Many scholarship recipients have gone on to illustrious careers in the food, wine and hospitality industry.
• WCR Scholarship Program: Established by Barbara Tropp and seven pioneering women chefs and restaurateurs in 1993, WCR is an active resource for women seeking to advance culinary education and gain recognition in various areas of the food and beverage industry.
Scholarships from Outside Organizations
While the following scholarship opportunities are not specific to ICE students, they are excellent opportunities to seek additional funding to subsidize the tuition for our career and professional development programs.
• American Culinary Federation: The ACF Education Foundation, with the support of the American Academy of Chefs (AAC), offers educational scholarships to high school students, college students, current culinary students and professional chefs looking to further their education.
• National Restaurant Association: NRA Education Foundation offers a variety of merit-based scholarships to students who want an education and a career in the foodservice industry, starting at $2,500 per award.
• Hospitality Industry Network: A collection of regional chapters, the NEWH seeks to promote scholarship, education and interest in the Hospitality Industry and related fields.
• Clark E. DeHaven Scholarship Trust: Each year, the trust provides merit-based scholarships to students at member institutions who are committed to pursuing careers in accredited programs in the foodservice profession or related areas.
• International Foodservice Editorial Council: IFEC strives to increase awareness and understanding of career opportunities available in the fields of foodservice and food communications and to encourage the entry of qualified individuals into these fields.
• Jeanette Rankin Women’s Scholarship Foundation: The Jeanette Rankin Foundation provides scholarships and support for low-income women age 35 and older across the U.S.
• Emerge Scholarship Program: Emerge’s mission is to provide scholarships to women whose educations have been interrupted, who have overcome significant obstacles, and who give back to their communities.
• FastWeb: The leading scholarship research database
For additional information about any of these scholarships, feel free to contact our Department of Student Financial Services directly at: