Trade One Uniform You Love for Another
ICE Is Proud to Have Educated Students in All Branches of the U.S. Military
Choose ICE for your career training, and you'll be in good company. We value your commitment to our country’s future. Likewise, we’re committed to helping you build your future with a comprehensive culinary education and a successful culinary career. Between classes, you’ll enjoy the excitement, cultures and great cuisines of New York City, America’s culinary mecca. There are a range of active duty, reserve and veteran's benefits available to ICE students at our New York campus.*
Click here to read about one student's journey from military intelligence to kitchen confidence, or watch the video above.
Our Training Is Anything but Basic
ICE offers four award-winning career training programs: Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hospitality Management in just six to 12 months. Our trained, attentive chef-instructors will educate you in small classes – no more than 16 students – to ensure individual attention and plenty of hands-on experience. ICE offers convenient morning, afternoon, evening and weekend classes, starting each month throughout the calendar year.
ICE Salutes the Men and Women of the Military With Tuition Assistance
There are many active duty and veteran’s benefits available to ICE students. All of ICE's career training programs are approved by the New York State Approving Agency to offer students:
• You may use Post 9/11 GI Bill™ benefits towards your ICE education.
• Post 9/11 GI Bill™ educational benefits available to veterans and other eligible parties from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
• Tuition assistance benefits available to military members from the Department of Defense (DOD) or New York State
• HESC veterans’ benefits and Veterans Tuition Assistance (VTA), where applicable
Click here for a list of the benefits you may receive. Be sure to ask your ICE admissions representative for more information on what you may qualify for.
ICE Is Even More Affordable With Tuition Discounts up to $5,750
Students taking the Culinary Arts and Pastry & Baking Arts programs can receive an additional $5,000 tuition discount on top of their military benefits upon presentation of appropriate military or veteran credentials. Students taking the Restaurant & Culinary Management and Hospitality Management (New York) programs can receive a $750 tuition discount on top of their military benefits upon presentation of appropriate military or veteran credentials. When Culinary Management is combined with Culinary Arts or Pastry & Baking Arts, students can receive up to a $5,750 maximum tuition discount on top of their military benefits! Click here to learn more.
ICE Has You Covered – Military Benefits Can Be Used for Housing
The ICE Student Housing program places students in Los Angeles and New York's most vibrant communities. Housing options include fully furnished dorms or apartments with short-term leases – all conveniently located in the trendiest neighborhoods. Remember, there's something for every budget. Click here for further details about ICE's student housing program.
The World Is Your Oyster
82%** of ICE graduates who want a job, get a job! Each year, ICE places around 500 students in externships at almost 300 different establishments. Career Services also helps with initial and ongoing job placement assistance, including weekly alumni newsletters alerting you to hundreds of available job opportunities.
Attention! Get Started Now in Three Easy Steps
1. Are you a veteran, active duty member, reserve member or armed forces family member? Click here to submit an ICE information request form. An ICE admissions representative who specializes in military students will contact you to help guide you through the application process.
2. Contact the VA to determine the military benefits you are eligible for at (888) GI-BILL-1 or (888) 442-4551. You will receive a response and/or letter of eligibility.
3. Fax a copy of your letter of eligibility to the ICE military fax line at (212) 847-0723 to be considered with your application or contact your admissions representative directly at (888) 630-CHEF.
*Financing options for military personnel are currently offered at our New York campus. Applications are pending for ICE's Los Angeles campus.
**2017 ACCSC (accrediting) annual report employment rate is 82% of 524 students available for employment. The remaining 18% includes students who were employed in an unrelated occupation, unemployed, and whose outcomes were unknown to ICE at the time of filing. For individual program completion and placement rates, please see that program's "Gainful Employment Disclosure" information.