1. Obtain a Personal Identification Number (PIN) online at www.pin.ed.gov. Your PIN allows you to sign in and check the status of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and other important financial aid forms. Remember: Keep this and all of your PINs in a safe location and never disclose or share your PINs with anyone.
2. Fill out the FAFSA (it’d be helpful to have previously filed tax documents on-hand at the time) online at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
3.Select the 2017-2018 school year.
4. You will be asked to complete personal security questions and create a password. The password will allow you to return to a saved application or check the status of an application in process.
5. The ICE school code is: 041443.
6. Be sure to use the “Next” and “Previous” buttons to move from page to page. (Using your web-browser back and forward buttons may cause you to lose information.)
7. Save your data before moving to the next page!
8. After submitting your FAFSA, please print a copy for your records and contact the ICE Office of Student Financial Services at (888) 921-CHEF or NYfinaid@ice.edu for our New York campus or (888) 826-CHEF or LAfinaid@ice.edu for our Los Angeles campus for the next steps.