Chef Instructor, Culinary
Lead Culinary or Lead Pastry & Baking Chef Instructor
ICE is seeking Adjunct Career Culinary chef instructors for its campus in Pasadena, California. The Adjunct Career Culinary Chef Instructors will use our curriculum to lead hands-on classes in an inspirational environment.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Motivate and guide aspiring culinary professionals to find their culinary voice.
- Conduct in-classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum.
- Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
- Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures.
- Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
- Maintain a positive and focused learning environment.
- Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
- Attend commencements, meetings and faculty orientation as required.
Experience & Educational Requirements
- Culinary or Pastry & Baking diploma and/or some form of formal culinary or pastry and baking education.
- Must possess a solid foundation of culinary knowledge, with a strong desire for continued learning.
- Minimum of seven (7) years culinary experience with some supervisory responsibilities. Fine dining experience highly preferred.
- Teaching experience highly preferred.
- Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
Forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
About the Institute of Culinary Education
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a flagship 75,000-square-foot location in Brookfield Place in Lower Manhattan. In fall 2016, The Daily Meal ranked ICE the No. 1 culinary school in the nation. In the spring of 2018, ICE debuted a campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, California. The foundation of ICE Los Angeles is its four diploma programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Health-Supportive Culinary Arts, and Restaurant & Culinary Management. ICE’s diploma programs are intensive, sophisticated and can be completed in seven to 12 months.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.