REPORTS TO: Director of Purchasing & Stewarding
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking a part time Stewarding Assistant who will provide food pulls for all of the culinary, pastry and baking, recreational classes and special events.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Respond to faculty requests for additional ingredients and log items supplied
• Process returns
• Check pars of paper goods supplies in kitchens and storage closets and replenish as required
• Check pars of staples and supplies in kitchens and replenish as required
• Assist in Food Pulls Assembly as required
• Prepare City Harvest Donations
• Assist in maintenance of facility including but not limited to: washing dishes and equipment, sweeping and mopping floor, disposing of garbage, cleaning walk-in refrigerators
• Assist in receiving and storing vendor deliveries
• Assist in repacking food items to be stored in walk ins for pulls
• Assist in daily maintenance of walk ins
• Assist on floor as required
• Reconcile inventory
• Respond to faculty requests for additional ingredients
• Participate in monthly inventories as required
• Assist Shift Manager with any special projects as needed
• One year experience in restaurant or food industry.
• Ability to stand for up to 9 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Must have a mathematical aptitude
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
Forward resume to email@example.com