The Recreational Chef Instructor will be responsible for leading hands on recreational cooking and baking classes in conformity with ICE proprietary class lessons. Upon hire, the Chef may have opportunities to teach specialty Recreational classes based on qualifications and experience.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead recreational classes in conformity with ICE lesson plans
• Demonstrates techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
• Delivers clear, concise and organized lectures as required by the curriculum.
• Maintains a positive, focused learning environment during class.
• Assures that classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Culinary diploma and/or some form of formal Culinary Education.
• Culinary & Pastry background preferred
• Minimum of 5 years culinary experience.
• Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
• Evening hours: 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• Weekend hours: 10am-3pm
• Fine Dining and previous teaching experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.