REPORTS TO: Director of Facilities
The Dishwasher / Maintenance worker will be responsible for performing routine tasks associated with daily cleaning, dishwashing and maintenance of the Institute of Culinary Education.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Clean classrooms after each pro class and recreational class.
• Clean hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, locker rooms and offices.
• Vacuum rugs when necessary
• Steam clean anything necessary not excluding kitchen mixers, deck ovens.
• Washes walls, tiles, ceiling tiles and stainless steel
• Check offices for garbage and special cleaning when asked.
• Empty and wash trash receptacles
• Make sure bathrooms are supplied and checked
• Help set-up tables and chairs as needed when Supervisors need help
• Clean hoods and filters on a regular basis
• Change light bulbs
• Clean stove tops and ovens as directed
• Wash dishes when assigned
• Clean Refrigerators
• Clean cooking equipment (fryers, grills, salamanders, shine pipes)
• De-lime dishwashers and sinks
• Clean windows, picture frames, etc.
• Clean kitchen cages when necessary
• Must have a great attitude, be flexible, work at a fast pace, know how to multi task
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 1-3 years of facilities maintenance experience.
• Working knowledge of cleaning equipment and cleaning chemicals.
• Demonstrated ability to set up and break down rooms for events in a timely manner.
• Demonstrated ability to move heavy furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment.
• Ability to bend and lift 50 – 100 pounds.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Good communication skills required.
• Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• A strong interest in food and cooking preferred but not required.
Forward resume to email@example.com.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.