REPORTS TO: Director of Education
The Education Department Coordinator will provide day to day administrative support to the Education Department of the Institute of Culinary Education.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Instructor Licensing Compliance
• Coordinate the licensing for all instructors amongst the 4 career programs (culinary, pastry, management, hospitality)
• Monitor and maintain instructor Compliance with Federal, State and Local Regulations
• Create and update a flow-In calendar; this important tool is used to administratively track classes, as well as to help instructors select new classes
• Manage ICE Web Calendar Start Dates, Assignments, and Calendar Shifts
• Provide Chefs with schedules as needed
• Record meeting minutes at department meetings as needed
• Module Material Updates for Pastry and Culinary
o Adjust curriculum materials as needed by program directors
o Push content via content locker to all students
• Participate in the preparation of Faculty Development Days, including the development and distribution of the pertinent materials. Maintain records with respect to agenda and materials as well as tracking attendance.
• Communicate with Professional Advisory Committee (PAC), coordinate and schedule meetings, prepare agenda, take minutes and transcribe and distribute on a timely basis.
• Other duties as assigned
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
• Minimum of 2 years of administrative experience required
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel; experience with CampusVue software a plus
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
• Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required
• An interest in food and cooking preferred
Forward resume to email@example.com.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.