Reports to: Vice President of Education
The Institute of Culinary Education, a premier national culinary school has a unique opportunity. We are seeking a Dean to lead us into the next phase of development of our successful Hospitality Management and Restaurant Management Programs. Responsibilities include: industry promotion and relations; marketing, recruitment, faculty acquisition, training, scheduling, supervision and curriculum development. Our ideal candidate will have significant industry experience and relationships and at least a bachelors degree in a related subject, masters degree a plus.
Provide leadership in all aspects of the Hospitality Management and Restaurant and Culinary Management Programs, including: faculty acquisition, training, scheduling and supervision; curriculum development; industry relations; marketing and recruitment.
• Hire, train, evaluate, schedule and supervise instructors
• Schedule and chair regular instructor meetings
• Monitor and insure effectiveness of instruction and curriculum
• Develop and revise curriculum as required
• Provide direction for utilization of technology within the program curriculum
• Ensure the maintenance of high educational standards
• Teach classes as assigned, including recreational and tutorial
• Assist the Vice President of Education with program compliance for accrediting and state regulatory issues
• Develop plan to enhance marketing of program
• Recruit for, organize and liaise with Program Advisory Committee (PAC)
• Implement PAC suggestions in consultation with Vice President of Education
• Serve as representative of Hospitality and Restaurant Management Programs and ICE to the Hospitality and Restaurant industry at large
• Leverage industry relationships to recruit high-level, notable experts to guest lecture in the programs
• Oversee field trip program
• Develop relationships with colleges and universities with the goal of articulation
• Assist in implementation of Hospitality and Restaurant Management Programs in other ICE locations
• Develop and monitor annual budget
• Liaise with Career Services Office on student externships and placements
• Collaborate with Admissions in developing student -recruitment materials
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in a related area; Master’s degree strongly preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years serving in a senior-level, hospitality or food service-related, operational management position
• Prior employment in the NYC area hospitality/restaurant industry a plus
• Teaching experience a plus
• Strong oral and written communication skills to support effective interaction with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public
• Computer skills sufficient to support preparation of class materials and tests, as well as enable effective communication with students, faculty, staff, administrators, and the general public
• Ability to guide, motivate and direct individuals to achieve effective performance
• Familiarity with software used in hospitality or food service industry, i.e., OPERA or other property management systems, Aloha, Open Table or other similar systems and
• Knowledge of MS Office Suite a plus (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”. The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.