CAMPUS: Los Angeles
POSITION: Culinary Relations Manager
Rare and unique opportunity for LA-based food and education lover. The Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is one of America's leading, and NYC's largest, culinary institute. ICE has opened a branch campus in Pasadena. Classes are scheduled to start this spring.
The school has created a new position, Culinary Relations Manager, which combines aspects of content development, event planning, public outreach and social media management.
1. Plan and lead execution of on-going schedule of extracurricular workshops and speakers for ICE's career students and community. Topics can be inherently diverse ranging from sustainability and recipe writing to global ingredient tastings and sous vide demonstrations.
2. Plan and manage implementation of periodic community education programs.
3. Serve as liaison to both non-profit, trade and professional groups that could use ICE as a venue or resource.
4. Develop and deliver social media and marketing content that is available and generated from the aforementioned events and programs.
a. Manage and disseminate the School’s west coast content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube.
b. Regularly contribute to the blog, conduct local interviews, author local articles, and contribute LA focused content to the School’s overall marketing campaign.
c. Work closely with the School’s NY based marketing department to ensure synchronized messaging between both campuses.
d. Manage the LA campus’ Social Media budget and monthly reporting.
5. Broadly seek to create mutually beneficial relations between the school and Southern California's culinary community.
6. Serve as a "connector" between that community and a range of school departments including Education, Admissions and Marketing.
1. Has at least three years hospitality marketing, event programming, or other directly applicable experience.
2. Bachelor’s Degree required
3. Demonstrates creativity, clear goal orientation and strong communications and project management skills.
4. Is passionate about the culinary universe and has knowledge, insights, and relationships within the restaurant, food service and beverage ecosystem in the LA market.
5. Has demonstrated skill and aptitude for social media and marketing communication.
Reports primarily to the LA Campus President
Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”.
The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.