REPORTS TO: Dean of Students
Well known NYC culinary school is seeking a Culinary Relations Manager to manage and implement a range of activities linking students with the external culinary community on and off site
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Facilitate the booking of special Guest Instructors.
• Coordinate scheduling and internal operations leading up to the class or session; and manage the entire demonstration including any food or beverage service from set up to break down.
• Coordinate the logistics of the hands on event which may include: reserving event space, liaise with vendors, obtain staff or volunteers to work the event
• Assist all guest chefs in their cooking demonstrations in a hands- on capacity
• Provide oversight and managerial presence at some of these events when required; and work with entire Student Affairs and Services personnel.
• Guest Chef & Visiting Expert Program: Invite and schedule visiting guest chefs for demonstrations and Professional Development classes
• Plan and schedule extracurricular enrichment classes for career students;
• Liaise with organizations seeking student volunteers;
• Solicit and schedule students for these events (over 100 per year)
• Facilitate and assist in periodic media opportunities that come about for students and / or alumni
• Provide support and assist in student cooking preparation for other periodic student opportunities, such as national recipe contests or conference attendance.
• Develop and oversee student clubs
• Coordinate CAPS program
• Manage and Maintain Student news letter
• Provide support to the Office of Student Affairs as needed
• Scholarship Coordination
Experience and Educational Requirements:
• Culinary Diploma or Degree
• Minimum of three (3) years of professional culinary experience; fine-dining preferred
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Superior organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft suite of Products (Outlook, Word, Excel)
• Ability to motivate
• Broad knowledge and demonstrated interest in NYC's culinary universe; with an interest and ability to serve as a "brand ambassador".
Forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.