JOB TITLE: Career Culinary Chef Instructor
REPORTS TO: Lead Culinary Chef Instructor
CAMPUS: New York
The Career Culinary Chef will be responsible for leading hands on culinary classes in conformity with ICE lesson plans.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conduct in-classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum.
• Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
• Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures as required by the curriculum.
• Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
• Maintain a positive, focused learning environment during class.
• Assure that classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
• Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
• Attends meetings and faculty orientation as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Culinary/Pastry diploma and/or some form of formal Culinary Education.
• Minimum of seven (7) years culinary experience with some supervisory responsibilities.
• Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
• Fine Dining experience preferred.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Forward resume and cover letter to HR@ice.edu
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking
In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”.
The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management.
ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In the spring of 2018, ICE opened a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.