CAMPUS: Los Angeles
JOB TITLE: Career Culinary or Pastry & Baking Chef Instructor
REPORTS TO: Lead Culinary or Lead Pastry & Baking Chef Instructor
ICE is seeking both Career Culinary and Career Pastry & Baking Chef Instructors for its new branch campus in Los Angeles slated to open in Spring 2018. The Career Culinary and Career Pastry & Baking Chef Instructors will use our curriculum to lead hands-on culinary or pastry & baking classes in an inspirational environment.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Motivate and guide aspiring culinary professionals to find their culinary voice.
• Conduct in-classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum.
• Demonstrate techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
• Deliver clear, concise and organized lectures
• Assess student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
• Maintain a positive and focused learning environment.
• Assure classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
• Maintain accurate records of student attendance and performance.
• Attend meetings and faculty orientation as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Culinary or Pastry & Baking diploma and/or some form of formal Culinary or Pastry & Baking Education.
• Must possess a solid foundation of culinary and/or pastry & baking knowledge, with a strong desire for continued learning
• Minimum of seven (7) years culinary or pastry & baking experience with some supervisory responsibilities. Fine Dining experience highly preferred.
• Teaching experience highly preferred.
• Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
Forward resume and cover letter to email@example.com
ICE is dedicated to inspiring our students to reach their full potential through an education that emphasizes technique and professionalism. We accomplish this in a passionate, disciplined environment that fosters excellence, critical thinking and creativity in students, faculty and staff.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. In 2015, ICE built and moved to a new flagship 75,000 sq. ft. location in lower Manhattan, NY, in Brookfield Place. In fall 2016, DailyMeal.com ranked ICE the “#1 culinary school in the nation”.
The foundation of ICE is its four Career Diploma Programs in Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Restaurant & Culinary Management, and Hotel & Hospitality Management. ICE’s programs are intensive, sophisticated and, as a diploma, can be completed in 8-12 months. In addition to diploma programs, ICE NY offers a vast menu of recreational courses for the public, and a highly developed special events / cooking party division. In fall 2017, ICE signed a lease to open in the spring of 2018 a branch campus for the Los Angeles market at 521 Green Street in Pasadena, CA.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website at ice.edu or connect with us @iceculinary on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Watch our videos on YouTube at: https://www.youtube.com/iceculinary
The Institute of Culinary Education is an equal opportunity employer.