The Career Culinary Chef will be responsible for leading hands on culinary classes in conformity with ICE lesson plans.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Conducts in classroom demonstrations as required by curriculum.
• Demonstrates techniques and concepts as required by the curriculum.
• Delivers clear, concise and organized lectures as required by the curriculum.
• Assesses student performance through observation and interaction, along with written and practical examinations.
• Maintains a positive, focused learning environment during class.
• Assures that classes are conducted in a manner that complies with principles of food safety and sanitation.
• Maintains accurate records of student attendance and performance.
• Attends meetings and faculty orientation as required.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Culinary diploma and/or some form of formal Culinary Education.
• Minimum of 7 years culinary experience.
• Flexible schedule (weekends and evenings) to accommodate ICE class schedules.
• Evening hours: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. (Sunday – Friday range)
• Weekend hours: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. (both Saturday and Sunday).
• Hybrid hours: 2 evenings a week (6 p.m. to 10 p.m. ) and 1 weekend day (9 a.m. – 5 p.m. )
• Fine Dining and previous teaching experience preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to act within ICE’s Core Behaviors of Professionalism, Accountability, Communicate Effectively, Mind-Set and Positive and Develops Self and Others.
Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.