SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Analyze and model the business operation to create a complete picture of work-flows and technical requirements fulfilled by current applications, processes and data flow.
• Working with Senior Management, identify and define business problems and primary objectives. Identify and validate the key business requirements.
• Lead business process re-engineering and continuous improvement efforts.
• Evaluate potential application and process change initiatives within the system architecture to ensure they meet business requirements.
• Create functional requirements in use cases. Coordinate requirements walk-through and sign-offs, verifying with user representatives/stakeholders that use cases and process models accurately portray specific business needs.
• Contribute to project plans.
• Develop and publish reports in SSRS, Crystal Reports or other SQL reporting tools to support business objectives and analyze the effectiveness of business initiatives.
• Adapt and keep current existing reports as business operations and reporting needs change.
• Assist users in translating concepts and needs, such as reporting or processes, to written requirements. Facilitate change, processes, reports, etc.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong experience with the SQL language and reporting tools such as SSRS, Crystal Reports, etc.
• Strong experience with wide and complex databases
• Experience with MS Excel, pivot tables, and all other MS Office tools.
• Five years of experience in a similar role analyzing and supporting business software needs.
• Experience communicating well with all levels of an organization.
• Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or equivalent degree/experience required.
• Experience with Microsoft development platforms and protocols is a plus
• 5+ years of experience in CampusVue (or other Student Information System) Administration in all areas of Higher Ed operations, including CampusVue Student, CampusVue Finance, Portal, eLeads, other integrations, etc. is a plus.
Forward resume to email@example.com, in the subject line please include ‘Business Analyst/Report Writer’
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.