Trade One Uniform You Love for Another
ICE Is Proud to Have Educated Students in All Branches of the U.S. Military
Choose ICE for your career training, and you'll be in good company. We value your commitment to our country’s future. Likewise, we’re committed to helping you build your future with a comprehensive culinary education and a successful culinary career. Between classes, you’ll enjoy the excitement, culture and great cuisine of New York City, America’s culinary capital. There are a range of active duty, reserve, and veteran's benefits available to ICE students.
Our Training Is Anything but Basic
ICE offers four award-winning career training programs: Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management, and Hospitality Management in just six to 13 months. Our trained, attentive chef-instructors will educate you in small classes – no more than 16 students – to ensure individual attention and plenty of hands-on experience. ICE offers convenient morning, afternoon, evening and weekend classes, starting each month throughout the calendar year.
ICE Salutes the Men and Women of the Military With Tuition Assistance
There are many active duty and veteran’s benefits available to ICE students. All of ICE's career training programs are approved by the New York State Approving Agency to offer students:
• You may use Post 9/11 GI benefits towards your ICE education.
• GI Bill educational benefits available to veterans and other eligible parties from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
• Tuition assistance benefits available to military members from the Department of Defense (DOD) or New York State
• HESC veterans’ benefits and Veterans Tuition Assistance (VTA), where applicable
Click here for a list of the benefits you may receive. Be sure to ask your ICE admissions representative for more information on what you may qualify for.
ICE Is Even More Affordable With Tuition Discounts up to $3,250
Students taking the Culinary Arts and Pastry & Baking Arts programs can receive an additional $2,500 tuition discount on top of their military benefits upon presentation of appropriate military or veteran credentials. Students taking the Culinary Management and Hospitality Management programs can receive a $750 tuition discount on top of their military benefits upon presentation of appropriate military or veteran credentials. When Culinary Management is combined with Culinary Arts or Pastry & Baking Arts, students can receive up to a $3,250 maximum tuition discount on top of their military benefits! Click here to learn more.
$4,895 New York State Veterans Tuition Award
New York State residents discharged under honorable conditions may receive an additional $4,895 towards tuition under the HESC Veterans Tuition Award. To qualify, students may not be in default on any student loans. Please click here for more information and eligibility requirements.
ICE Has You Covered – Military Benefits Can Be Used for Housing
The ICE Student Housing program places students in New York's most vibrant communities. Housing options include fully furnished dorms or apartments with short-term leases – all conveniently located in New York City's trendiest neighborhoods. Remember, there's something for every budget. Click here for further details about ICE's student housing program.
The World Is Your Oyster
81% of ICE graduates who want a job, get a job!* The ICE Career Services department has a full-time staff that placed 499 externs in 292 establishments across the country in 2013. Career Services also helps with initial and ongoing job placement assistance, including weekly alumni newsletters alerting you to hundreds of available job opportunities.
Attention! Get Started Now in Three Easy Steps
1. Are you a veteran, active duty member, reserve member or armed forces family member? Click here to submit an ICE information request form. An ICE admissions representative who specializes in military students will contact you to help guide you through the application process.
2. Contact the VA to determine the military benefits you are eligible for at (888) GI-BILL-1 or (888) 442-4551. You will receive a response and/or letter of eligibility.
3. Fax a copy of your letter of eligibility to the ICE military fax line at (212) 847-0723 to be considered with your application or contact your admissions representative directly at (888) 630-CHEF.
*The rest stayed in their current job or could not be found, and a mere 2% was unemployed. 2011-2013 ACCSC (accrediting) annual report employment rate is 82% of 1,728 students available for employment over the last 3 years' filings. The remaining 18% includes students who were employed in an unrelated occupation, unemployed, and whose whereabouts were unknown to ICE at the time of filing. For individual program completion and placement rates, please see that program's "Gainful Employment Disclosure" information.