February 01, 2014 - February 02, 2014 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM
Institute of Culinary Education
$220 • 2 sessions
If you have an idea for a specialty food store, this course will help you to evaluate and develop your idea into a real business. From concept and niche marketing to controlling costs and making money, you will learn to navigate the pitfalls of opening a business.
• Developing an overall business plan
• Adding a café, catering or party planning to an existing business
• Finding a location and understanding the lease
• Designing the business
• Figuring out the money aspect–financial benchmarks
• Controlling revenue and inventory
• Looking for investors
• Hiring the best and training for service
• Advertising and promotion
• Selling psychology
• Knowing the cycle of service for repeat business
Click here to register.