The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) is seeking a full time Stewarding Assistant who will provide food pulls for all of the culinary, pastry and baking, recreational classes and special events.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Check pars of paper goods supplies in kitchens and storage closets and replenish as required
• Check pars of staples and other supplies in kitchens and replenish as required
• Assist in food pulls assembly as required
• Prepare City Harvest donations
• Assist in maintenance of facility, including but not limited to: washing dishes and equipment, sweeping and mopping floor, disposing of garbage, cleaning walk-in refrigerators
• Assist in receiving and storing vendor deliveries
• Assist in repacking food items to be stored in walk ins for pulls
• Assist in daily maintenance of walk ins
• Assist on floor as required
• Reconcile inventory
• Process returns
• Respond to faculty requests for additional ingredients
• Participate in monthly inventories as required
• Assist shift manager with any special projects as needed
• One (1) year experience in restaurant or food industry.
• Ability to stand for up to 9 hours a day and lift up to 50 pounds
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Must have a mathematical aptitude
• Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Forward resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. ICE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.