Part Time: Weekends and Evenings
REQUISITION: ICE# 0104
The Part-Time Kitchen Assistant will be responsible for providing support to the Recreational Chef Instructors during the recreational classes which includes delivery of pulls, set up, and breakdown.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Follow the detailed instructions regarding picking the pulls from Stewarding in a timely manner; review the pull sheet to ensure ordered products are accurately delivered.
• Provide room set up for each class including all equipment, place settings, knives, cutting boards, etc.
• During class assist Chef Instructor for any last minute requirements ensuring proper communication between the appropriate departments including Stewarding and Maintenance.
• Assist Chef Instructor and guest with food items and equipment.
• Clean, remove dirty dishes as the class progresses delivering to dishwasher. Return clean dishes to designated areas in the classroom / kitchen.
• Breakdown and clean kitchen areas ensuring all equipment (pots, pans, dishes, silverware and glasses) are properly cleaned and stored.
• Review ending inventory with beginning inventory to ensure all products and equipment are accounted for.
• Prepare all remaining food for Stewarding to return.
• Complete the Kitchen Assistant report and classroom sign out sheet form.
• Perform other duties as assigned by Manager of Kitchen Assistants or Chef Instructor.
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Minimum 1 – 2 years of experience in the food industry.
• If an ICE student, must have completed Mod 2 and be a student in good standing.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task.
• Demonstrated ability to set up and break down rooms for classes in a timely fashion.
• Ability to bend and lift 40 – 60 pounds.
• Demonstrated ability to follow instruction and ask clarifying questions.
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail.
• Good communication including listening skills required.
• Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and guests.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
• A strong interest in food and cooking preferred.
• A familiarity with and appreciation for The Institute of Culinary Education and its programs.
• Ability to act within ICE’s Core Behaviors of Professionalism, Accountability, Communicate Effectively, Mind-Set and Positive and Develops Self and Others.
Forward resume to email@example.com.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.