REPORTS TO: Customer Service Supervisor
The Customer Service Representative for the Institute of Culinary Education will be responsible for providing day to day support to all students and guests ensuring they receive an outstanding guest experience.
SPECIFIC JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Attend to clients and immediately address any complaints and concerns, and facilitate satisfactory resolution with Manager as needed
• Manage student registrations for Recreational classes in person and via telephone
• Explain in detail each offered Recreational class
• Promote new classes to callers and encourage participation in mailing list
• Maintain waitlists for full classes and customer accounts
• Act as Receptionist and the first line of contact, by greeting ICE’S incoming public
• Check in Recreational class participants and distribute recipe packets
• Direct guests attending private events
• Create recipe packets for Recreational classes and Special Events
• Maintain recipe packet supply and cookbooks
• Prepare reports tracking/monitoring sales, inventory, etc.
• Sell and distribute ICE gift certificates by phone and in person
• Process refunds and class credits
• Act as a liaison between our professional students and their advisors
• Actively sell ICE merchandise such as cookbooks, knives, aprons, etc.
• Provide logistical and administrative support to other departments based on events held at the facility
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Associates Degree required
• Minimum of 2 years related experience in a high volume customer service environment; food service, hospitality preferred
• Proven ability to manage in a high call volume environment with accuracy and efficiency.
• Proficient in Microsoft suite of products including Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel;
• Demonstrated successful performance in managing all interactions with a sense of calm, patience, engaging and outgoing demeanor
• Must possess a strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal; strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to work independently at times and within a team
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated ability to interact in a collaborative manner with other departments and teams.
• Strong basic math skills; critical thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Must have the ability to work some evenings and most weekends
• A strong interest in food and cooking preferred.
Forward resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
No Phone or Walk-In Applications will be accepted.
The award-winning Institute of Culinary Education (ICE) was established in 1975 and has since grown to be one of America’s leading centers for culinary education and recreational cooking. ICE offers comprehensive career training programs in the Culinary Arts, Pastry & Baking Arts, Culinary Management and Hospitality Management. ICE also operates the nation’s largest recreational cooking, baking and wine education program, and offering over 2,500 classes to 26,000 students annually. Our sprawling 74,000 square foot campus is located inside Brookfield Place at 225 Liberty Street, 3rd Floor, New York, NY, and is open 355 days and nights a year.
For more information about ICE, please visit our website www.ice.edu, YouTube channel or follow us @iceculinary on Twitter.